Scary Wind Sounds
Exterior & Interior
Royalty Free Sound LibraryScary Wind Sound Effects
Specs: 12 files • 32 bit / 192 kHz • 3.6 GB
Duration: Approx. 40 Minutes
Delivery: Instant - Blazingly-Fast - Digital Download On Bandcamp
No copyright claims or royalty fees
License type: Royalty-Free
Recording Exterior & Interior Wind Sounds In Bodrum, Turkey
There are many advantages living on the coast and one of those perks is the wind. Okay, if you’re a field recordist it’s great, but a cyclist will likely tell you otherwise.
Exterior Wind Sounds
We spent one week in Bodrum and one night the wind started to pick up stronger than usual. Our apartment was in the hills of the city, surrounded by trees, and away from traffic.
I didn’t notice any rain either, so I packed my gear and wandered around the buildings to pick up those very creepy wind noises.
To record strong winds you need really good wind protection. If you don’t have this, it can be very difficult to pick up clear wind sounds without distortion.During my trip through Iceland, I realized very early on that the Cinela Albert would work very well in these situations.
So, I placed the microphone near the trees without getting any popping or distorting noises on the Sennheiser MKH 8040 microphone capsules.
Interior Wind Sounds
The wind was still very strong when I got back to the apartment. I opened the window door just a little to pick up those creepy wind noises blowing through the gap in the door. I placed the Audio Technica AT 4025 very close to the door and used the Rycote BBG as wind protection (a perfect combination.) All sounds were recorded with the Zoom F6.
These are really great and high quality sound effects for creating texture, layers, synths or pads. But also great for all kinds of horror or Halloween project.
Files: 12 files
Size: 3.6 GB
Sample Rate: 192-32 WAV
Duration: Approx. 40 min
Gear: Zoom F6, Sennheiser MKH 8040, AT-4025
Delivery: Instant – blazingly-fast – digital download on Bandcamp
License type: Royalty-free
Check out all of our field recording gear and travel equipment!
Downloading or buying our sound libraries on Bandcamp comes with a lot of benefits!
- you can listen to each single track inside the library!
- you are not forced to download or buy the complete library. If you need only one or two recordings you can just download or buy the one you need!
- unlimited downloads & streamings whenever you want & from wherever you want!
- If you lose the files or your hard drive fails you can always re-download the files without having to purchase again!
- I always upload files in the highest possible quality but Bandcamp gives you the options to choose between MP3 V0, MP3 320, FLAC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, WAV, AIFF what is super awesome!
- with creating a free account you get automatically notified if I publish a new library without signing up for a newsletter!
Can I edit the files?
Yes! All sounds are royalty-free & you can edit & manipulate our recordings.
Can I sell the files?
Well, not in its original form but:
- in any manipulated form if you are a sound designer
- in any musical compositions without limitations
- within podcasts, audio dramas, games, post-production for film & video production, apps & many more!
How often can I download & use this library?
If you have downloaded or purchased the library on Bandcamp you have unlimited downloads plus unlimited & lifelong use in all your projects!
I only need one sound! Do I need to download or purchase all the sounds?
No, On Bandcamp you can just buy or download the track you like without buying or downloading the complete library! This is something you are not getting on other sound library platforms and is an awesome feature!
How can I download the library?
I have more questions…
We are real people so please message us anytime at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY
Our recordings are provided as wav files and can be used with Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools, Reaper, Audacity, Adobe or any other audio/video editing software!
The library tracks are recorded in 192 kHz / 32 bit which gives you all the flexibility you need.
Since we embedded these files with rich metadata like file description & keywords you are able to quickly find the sounds. We suggest using professional audio management tools like Soundly, Soundminer, Basehead or Sound Grinder.