Haunting Winds & Dark Drones
Abandoned DC3 Iceland
Royalty Free Sound LibraryHaunting Winds & Dark Drones
- Specs: 21 files • 32 bit / 192 kHz • 4.9 GB • Includes metadata
- Duration: Approx. 45 Minutes
- Delivery: Instant - Blazingly-Fast - Digital Download On Bandcamp
- Unlimited Downloads
- No copyright claims or royalty fees
- License type: Royalty-Free
Recording the best haunting sounding wind & rain effects inside the abandoned DC3 airplane in Iceland!
While traveling around our Cozy Campers camper van in Iceland recording sounds, we came across the abandoned DC3 airplane at Sólheimasandur Beach.
In 1973 the US Navy DC-3 or C-117D crashed landed at this desolated location and the plane was left behind. After several decades, it’s became not only a famous destination for tourists, photographers, and video makers, but it’s also an incredible location for sound recording (however not many people realize that.)
Before arriving to the site, I knew about the harsh weather conditions in the open field and prepared myself to be greeted with strong wind, rain, and the cold.
The weather changed every minute and I’ve never experienced something like it before. Every time the weather condition shifted, the soundscape did the same and this made this sound library so special and unique.
About The Sounds
I recorded wind at several different location inside and outside the aircraft. The decaying plane created a wind tunnel and with open windows and loose plates all over it created a haunting sounding. When the rain started it produced a new layer of sounds.
Using LOM Geofone & Contact Microphone: I could finally use the new LOM Geofone and it was a blast! Because of the harsh conditions, the plane is always moving and with this microphone I could record a very low frequency which made it perfect for sound design or music productions.
Getting to the DC-3 plane site
The easiest way to find the parking spot is searching on Google Maps for “Parking for Sólheimasandur Plane Wreck.”
Files: 21 files • Including metadata
Size: 4.9 GB
Sample Rate: 192-32 WAV
Duration: Approx. 45 min
Gear: Zoom F6, Sennheiser MKH 8040, LOM Geofone, Usi Pro, AKG C411pp
Delivery: Instant – blazingly-fast – digital download on Bandcamp
License type: Royalty-free Sound Effects
Interested in our travel equipment, bags, camera & field recording gear? Click HERE!
Downloading or buying our sound libraries on Bandcamp comes with a lot of benefits!
- you can listen to each single track inside the library!
- you are not forced to download or buy the complete library. If you need only one or two recordings you can just download or buy the one you need!
- unlimited downloads & streamings whenever you want & from wherever you want!
- If you lose the files or your hard drive fails you can always re-download the files without having to purchase again!
- I always upload files in the highest possible quality but Bandcamp gives you the options to choose between MP3 V0, MP3 320, FLAC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, WAV, AIFF what is super awesome!
- with creating a free account you get automatically notified if I publish a new library without signing up for a newsletter!
Can I edit the files?
Yes! All sounds are royalty-free & you can edit & manipulate our recordings.
Can I sell the files?
Well, not in its original form but:
- in any manipulated form if you are a sound designer
- in any musical compositions without limitations
- within podcasts, audio dramas, games, post-production for film & video production, apps & many more!
How often can I download & use this library?
If you have downloaded or purchased the library on Bandcamp you have unlimited downloads plus unlimited & lifelong use in all your projects!
I only need one sound! Do I need to download or purchase all the sounds?
No, On Bandcamp you can just buy or download the track you like without buying or downloading the complete library! This is something you are not getting on other sound library platforms and is an awesome feature!
How can I download the library?
I have more questions…
We are real people so please message us anytime at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY
Our recordings are provided as wav files and can be used with Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools, Reaper, Audacity, Adobe or any other audio/video editing software!
The library tracks are recorded in 96kHz 24Bit which gives you all the flexibility you need.
Since we embedded these files with rich metadata like file description & keywords you are able to quickly find the sounds. We suggest using professional audio management tools like Soundly, Soundminer, Basehead or Sound Grinder.