Taxi car driving sound effects
Royalty Free Sound LibraryTaxi Interior Sounds Istanbul
Specs: 4 files • 32 bit / 192 kHz • 1 GB • Includes metadata
Duration: Approx. 10 Minutes
Delivery: Instant - Blazingly-Fast - Digital Download On Bandcamp
No copyright claims or royalty fees
License type: Royalty-Free
Recording Taxi interior sound effects in Istanbul
Welcome to Istanbul! One way to get around this busy city is by taking a Taxi. It is cheap, the cars are comfortable, and sometimes the drivers speak English well. If you record sounds inside a public Taxi, it’s better you don’t have a conversation. That way, you can record what’s important; the interior driving sounds and the exterior acoustic!
In a city like Istanbul, there is always something going on. We took the Taxi in Kadikoy near the Akasha Mall and drove to Moda. The roads were busy and we had a relaxed drive with the windows rolled down and several stop and goes. Besides the regular traffic, I recorded an ambulance siren in the distance and a call to prayer. These are some fantastic background ambience recordings and can be very useful in post-production for film, video game, podcasts or even animation.
These sounds are authentic to any scene that takes place in Istanbul.
Using a Taxi in Istanbul and avoiding scams
The official Taxi’s in Istanbul are always yellow with a ‘Taksi” sign on top of the car and have the number on both doors.
If you are not familiar with using a Taxi in Istanbul you can thank technology for making the process easier. Since Uber is not operating anymore you can download the app BiTaksi. It is the simple way to avoid conflict or even scams.
If you are a tourist or expat not familiar with the language. Here are my tips to avoid being scammed:
- Each time you book a ride, take a screenshot of the fare. Check the license plate and see if it matches the number of the Taxi. Double-check the driver’s image in the app.
- If you reach your destination, the driver types the fare manually in the app.
- Make sure it matches the same amount when you started the trip. The driver should follow the route that the app has calculated.
- If you choose to pay with card, you have nothing to worry about. If you choose to pay cash show him the bill you are going to give him first and say it out loud. Istanbul taxi drivers are known for switching bank notes. For example 100 for 10 or 5 for 50.
- Leave a rating if you are happy or unhappy with the driver. These days taxi drivers need a 4 to 5 star rating to keep the job. Its in there best interest not to scam you.
With all that said, I hope you enjoy these sound effects and can find use for them!
DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY
Our recordings are provided as wav files and can be used with Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools, Reaper, Audacity, Adobe or any other audio/video editing software!
The library tracks are recorded in 192kHz 32Bit which gives you all the flexibility you need.
Since we embedded these files with rich metadata like file description & keywords you are able to quickly find the sounds. We suggest using professional audio management tools like Soundly, Soundminer, Basehead or Sound Grinder.