Royalty-Free Gamelan & instrument sounds effects from Bali
Royalty Free Sound LibraryBalinese Gamelan Sounds
- Specs: 25 files • 24 bit / 192 kHz • 3GB • Metadata included
- Duration: Approx. 50 Minutes
- Delivery: Instant - Blazingly-Fast - Digital Download On Bandcamp
- Unlimited Downloads
- No copyright claims or royalty fees
- License type: Royalty-Free
Recording authentic Balinese instruments
Without the field recording group on Facebook, I wouldn’t be able to record these sound effects. While in Bali, I connected with Anton, a young composer from Denmark who also knew the owner of these wonderful instruments. I’m incredibly grateful for them to allow me access to these 6 instruments to record!
For your information: All recordings we made can be downloaded royalty-free. No band/musician was involved in this sound library only Anton and myself!
I don’t make music myself but appreciate all those creative individuals doing what they love! I don’t know you but thank you that I can be a part of your work!
With that said, you can read about each instrument we used to record this sound library!
The tones and the tuning of the Ugal is different than standard Genders. Dewa created and customized plates to give them a personal touch and to make a difference.
We recorded several Ugals that are all different in height, weight and of course with different plates. Almost all instruments are made out of bronze.
We finished with the Gender and focused on the Gong. This is by far my favorite instrument. I just love deep tones.
We had two different versions of the Gong one was larger than the other. I recorded with the DPA 4060 and an AKG C411 PP (contact microphone.) Since we didn’t record in a studio, you will experience some background sound like cicadas or rain. I reduced the noise the best I could in post without losing any quality in the sound and sometimes you will hear the sounds in the background. On the other hand, it creates a nice authentic vibe how Ubud sound like at night.
After the Gong, we start recording the Kendang. We had 3 different Kendang which are similar to a drum. We used our hands and a drum hammer to create lots of tones.
Reyongs are made with different sizes and each size creates a different tone. We started from high to low and low to high. In total we recorded 16 different Reyongs!
Later on, we found a broom in the corner and recorded some weird sounds with it as well. You will find all these sounds in the Bandcamp album down below.
Last but not least is the Ching Ching. This is a very fun instrument. If you love the sound of very high tones, this is the one for you and a perfect instrument for you to experience!
As I mention before these sounds are not recorded in a studio. We did all recordings in the garden at night so cicada sounds might appear!
Files: 25 files • Including metadata
Size: 3 GB
Sample Rate: 192-24 WAV
Duration: Approx. 50 min
Delivery: Instant – blazingly-fast – digital download on Bandcamp
License type: Royalty-free
Interest in our travel equipment, bags, camera & field recording gear? Click HERE!
Downloading or buying our sound libraries on Bandcamp comes with a lot of benefits!
- you can listen to each single track inside the library!
- you are not forced to download or buy the complete library. If you need only one or two recordings you can just download or buy the one you need!
- unlimited downloads & streamings whenever you want & from wherever you want!
- If you lose the files or your hard drive fails you can always re-download the files without having to purchase again!
- I always upload files in the highest possible quality but Bandcamp gives you the options to choose between MP3 V0, MP3 320, FLAC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, WAV, AIFF what is super awesome!
- with creating a free account you get automatically notified if I publish a new library without signing up for a newsletter!
Can I edit the files?
Yes! All sounds are royalty-free & you can edit & manipulate our recordings.
Can I sell the files?
Well, not in its original form but:
- in any manipulated form if you are a sound designer
- in any musical compositions without limitations
- within podcasts, audio dramas, games, post-production for film & video production, apps & many more!
How often can I download & use this library?
If you have downloaded or purchased the library on Bandcamp you have unlimited downloads plus unlimited & lifelong use in all your projects!
I only need one sound! Do I need to download or purchase all the sounds?
No, On Bandcamp you can just buy or download the track you like without buying or downloading the complete library! This is something you are not getting on other sound library platforms and is an awesome feature!
How can I download the library?
I have more questions…
We are real people so please message us anytime at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
The instruments recorded
DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY
Our recordings are provided as wav files and can be used with Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools, Reaper, Audacity, Adobe or any other audio/video editing software!
The library tracks are recorded in 192 kHz / 24 bit which gives you all the flexibility you need.
Since we embedded these files with rich metadata like file description & keywords you are able to quickly find the sounds. We suggest using professional audio management tools like Soundly, Soundminer, Basehead or Sound Grinder.