Vietnam Lighthouse Sounds
Royalty Free Sound LibraryLighthouse Cogwheel Sounds
- Specs: 1 file • 24 bit / 96 kHz • 149 MB
- Duration: Approx. 4 Minutes
- Delivery: Instant - Blazingly-Fast - Digital Download On Bandcamp
- Unlimited Downloads
- No copyright claims or royalty fees
- License type: Royalty-Free
Recording mechanical cogwheel sounds inside a lighthouse
Honestly, Vietnam would have been the last place I thought I could record sounds like these inside an old lighthouse! I have a love for machine sounds and this recording session was incredibly special to me!
It was until after I recorded inside the lighthouse that I figured out the history and how old it was. My curiosity brought me to the kind people at the Worldwide Lighthouse Society (yes there is such thing!) When I showed them the photos and the location of the lighthouse they informed me that it was built by the French administration in 1902 and commissioned in 1903. The Optic mechanism was made by Barbier, Benard, and Turenne, in Paris and probably was made especially for the lighthouse. I’m so grateful that I could record a piece of history, archive it, and share it with you!
How I recorded these sounds…
Libby and I discovered this lighthouse while driving a motorbike along the coast of Danang, Vietnam. I knew I had to get closer and see if I could get inside! Lucky for me the security guard was quite friendly and allowed me to go inside.
Sitting in this lighthouse and listening to the machine sounds is like being in a time capsule. It feels like going back in time even for a moment. To capture the sounds I went next to the mechanical rack-wheel and recorded the turning circles which created “click-clack” sounds. To my right was a power control generator and this one created this vibrant “buzzing” sound that you can hear in the recording. I used my Rode NTG4+ (Mono) the Zoom H6 Recorder and the Rycote Super Blimp (even though there was no wind inside.)
These royalty-free sounds are great for anyone working in post-production or music makers. I hope you have as much fun with this track and as I did recording it!
Files: 1 file
Size: 149 MB
Sample Rate: 96-24 WAV
Duration: Approx. 4 min
Gear: Zoom H6 & Rode NTG4+ microphone
Delivery: Instant – blazingly-fast – digital download on Bandcamp
License type: Royalty-free
Interested in our travel equipment, bags, camera & field recording gear? Click HERE!
Downloading or buying our sound libraries on Bandcamp comes with a lot of benefits!
- you can listen to each single track inside the library!
- you are not forced to download or buy the complete library. If you need only one or two recordings you can just download or buy the one you need!
- unlimited downloads & streamings whenever you want & from wherever you want!
- If you lose the files or your hard drive fails you can always re-download the files without having to purchase again!
- I always upload files in the highest possible quality but Bandcamp gives you the options to choose between MP3 V0, MP3 320, FLAC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, WAV, AIFF what is super awesome!
- with creating a free account you get automatically notified if I publish a new library without signing up for a newsletter!
Can I edit the files?
Yes! All sounds are royalty-free & you can edit & manipulate our recordings.
Can I sell the files?
Well, not in its original form but:
- in any manipulated form if you are a sound designer
- in any musical compositions without limitations
- within podcasts, audio dramas, games, post-production for film & video production, apps & many more!
How often can I download & use this library?
If you have downloaded or purchased the library on Bandcamp you have unlimited downloads plus unlimited & lifelong use in all your projects!
I only need one sound! Do I need to download or purchase all the sounds?
No, On Bandcamp you can just buy or download the track you like without buying or downloading the complete library! This is something you are not getting on other sound library platforms and is an awesome feature!
How can I download the library?
I have more questions…
We are real people so please message us anytime at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY
Our recordings are provided as wav files and can be used with Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools, Reaper, Audacity, Adobe or any other audio/video editing software!
The library tracks are recorded in 96 kHz 24 bit which gives you all the flexibility you need.
Since we embedded these files with rich metadata like file description & keywords you are able to quickly find the sounds. We suggest using professional audio management tools like Soundly, Soundminer, Basehead or Sound Grinder.