Insects & Swarm sound effects
Royalty Free Sound LibraryInsects Swarm Sounds
- Specs: 5 files • 24 bit / 96 kHz • 800 MB • Includes metadata
- Duration: Approx. 23 Minutes
- Delivery: Instant - Blazingly-Fast - Digital Download On Bandcamp
- Unlimited Downloads
- No copyright claims or royalty fees
- License type: Royalty-Free
Recording insects & swarms sound effects in Bali, Indonesia
At our home near the jungle in Bali, we heard many types of insects. After sunset one day, these little creators came out of the darkness and flew to the closest light source. This swarm included hundreds of these large insects and it lasted for a few hours.
The next morning the aftermath was quite visible. Luckily, some hungry geckos, birds, ants, and spiders came by to pick up the mess of hundreds of deceased insects.
I also recorded the ant highway on our terrace. The “nature police”, (what we call ants in Germany) came together and spent hours cleaning up. The carnage was incredible with the wings covering the floor. I felt terrible but it seemed like the insects didn’t know how to fly and nature was taking its course.
The equipment used to record the insects & swarms sound effects
With my Zoom H6, a pair of my new Micro USI Pro by LOM I recording the swarm in action. I also tried one recording with the Limpet mics contact microphones and mixed together with one of the regular sounds.
I put the Zoom direct under the light. The insects on the ground hang out on the microphone and walked on top of the windjammer. This alone created an amazing sound, but after I attached the microphones to the light source, I could record the wings and the vibration of the insects on the microphones too!
Other sounds in the recordings are cicadas, our night frog would come out every evening and sit on the same plant and croak. I think he was briefing me on his daily activities! We have dogs and several chickens in the background as well!
Files: 5 files • Including metadata
Size: 800 MB
Sample Rate: 96-24 WAV
Duration: Approx. 23 min
Gear: Zoom H6, Usi Micro Pr & Limpet Contact Microphone
Delivery: Instant – blazingly-fast – digital download on Bandcamp
License type: Royalty-free
Interested in our travel equipment, bags, camera & field recording gear? Click HERE!
Downloading or buying our sound libraries on Bandcamp comes with a lot of benefits!
- you can listen to each single track inside the library!
- you are not forced to download or buy the complete library. If you need only one or two recordings you can just download or buy the one you need!
- unlimited downloads & streamings whenever you want & from wherever you want!
- If you lose the files or your hard drive fails you can always re-download the files without having to purchase again!
- I always upload files in the highest possible quality but Bandcamp gives you the options to choose between MP3 V0, MP3 320, FLAC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, WAV, AIFF what is super awesome!
- with creating a free account you get automatically notified if I publish a new library without signing up for a newsletter!
Can I edit the files?
Yes! All sounds are royalty-free & you can edit & manipulate our recordings.
Can I sell the files?
Well, not in its original form but:
- in any manipulated form if you are a sound designer
- in any musical compositions without limitations
- within podcasts, audio dramas, games, post-production for film & video production, apps & many more!
How often can I download & use this library?
If you have downloaded or purchased the library on Bandcamp you have unlimited downloads plus unlimited & lifelong use in all your projects!
I only need one sound! Do I need to download or purchase all the sounds?
No, On Bandcamp you can just buy or download the track you like without buying or downloading the complete library! This is something you are not getting on other sound library platforms and is an awesome feature!
How can I download the library?
I have more questions…
We are real people so please message us anytime at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
Watch the insects & Swarms video
DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY
Our recordings are provided as wav files and can be used with Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools, Reaper, Audacity, Adobe or any other audio/video editing software!
The library tracks are recorded in 96kHz 24Bit which gives you all the flexibility you need.
Since we embedded these files with rich metadata like file description & keywords you are able to quickly find the sounds. We suggest using professional audio management tools like Soundly, Soundminer, Basehead or Sound Grinder.