Gibbon Call Sounds from Vietnam
Royalty Free Sound LibraryNature Gibbon Soundscape
- Specs: 19 files • 24 bit / 192-96 kHz • 633 MB
- Duration: Approx. 10 Minutes
- Delivery: Instant - Blazingly-Fast - Digital Download On Bandcamp
- Unlimited Downloads
- No copyright claims or royalty fees
- License type: Royalty-Free
Recording Gibbon sounds in Vietnam
Apes like you’ve never heard before! If you travel throughout Vietnam on a motorbike you get a real sense of how huge and diverse this beautiful country is. After spending hundreds of hours of driving through rice fields, jungles, rain forests, up mountains overlooking breathtaking views, and along the coast, I’m still in awe of Vietnam’s splendor.
Along with Vietnam’s nature are some unforgettable wildlife. Most notably, this Southeast Asian country has the lesser apes known as the Gibbon. When I made my way north from Ho Chi Minh City I settled in Cat Tien National Park for a few days.
Within a few minutes of being in Cat Tien, I knew I had to stay in the area for at least a few days. The Cat Tien National Park and it’s lush nature was what was beckoning me.
Capturing nature sounds with Lom Usi Pro & Zoom F8n
My biggest priority during my stay was capturing Gibbons. Let me tell you, it’s not the easiest sound to record. Typically these rambunctious apes call between 6 am to 9 am and typically in the evening. Due to the perpetual karaoke sessions and overall sound pollution in Cat Tien, I immediately eliminated the nighttime call.
Another factor I had to consider to obtain my precious Gibbon sounds was taking a ferry across the river. Luckily there was an early ride at 6:15 am. However, the ticket office doesn’t open until 7:30 am so I learned the hard way and had to postpone my trip until the next morning.
Spoiler alert… I made it across! When I got there I walked along the forest and took a nice trail to record bird sound effects and footstep sound effects.
The Gibbon call!
I’m glad I was able to capture those sounds but I was really on the hunt for the Gibbon’s calls. Fortunately, on the way back to the ferry I followed a small trail that led me right to them! Wow, in all the thousands of recordings, I’ve never heard anything quite like this before!
What’s even better is that I recorded these sounds as 360° audio! They can be found in our VR Sound Library! I could attempt to throw in some impressive adjectives like unworldly or epic but I think it’s better for you to listen and make your own descriptions.
After 15 minutes the sound spectacle stopped and the group of Gibbons left. Sure it wasn’t the swiftest and easiest recording to capture, but being in the presence of them was all worth it!
Files: 19 files
Size: 633 MB
Sample Rate: 192/96-24 WAV
Duration: Approx. 10 min
Gear: Zoom F8n & Usi Pro
Delivery: Instant – blazingly-fast – digital download on Bandcamp
License type: Royalty-free
Interested in our travel equipment, bags, camera & field recording gear? Click HERE!
Downloading or buying our sound libraries on Bandcamp comes with a lot of benefits!
- you can listen to each single track inside the library!
- you are not forced to download or buy the complete library. If you need only one or two recordings you can just download or buy the one you need!
- unlimited downloads & streamings whenever you want & from wherever you want!
- If you lose the files or your hard drive fails you can always re-download the files without having to purchase again!
- I always upload files in the highest possible quality but Bandcamp gives you the options to choose between MP3 V0, MP3 320, FLAC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, WAV, AIFF what is super awesome!
- with creating a free account you get automatically notified if I publish a new library without signing up for a newsletter!
Can I edit the files?
Yes! All sounds are royalty-free & you can edit & manipulate our recordings.
Can I sell the files?
Well, not in its original form but:
- in any manipulated form if you are a sound designer
- in any musical compositions without limitations
- within podcasts, audio dramas, games, post-production for film & video production, apps & many more!
How often can I download & use this library?
If you have downloaded or purchased the library on Bandcamp you have unlimited downloads plus unlimited & lifelong use in all your projects!
I only need one sound! Do I need to download or purchase all the sounds?
No, On Bandcamp you can just buy or download the track you like without buying or downloading the complete library! This is something you are not getting on other sound library platforms and is an awesome feature!
How can I download the library?
I have more questions…
We are real people so please message us anytime at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY
Our recordings are provided as wav files and can be used with Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools, Reaper, Audacity, Adobe or any other audio/video editing software!
The library tracks are recorded in 192 kHz / 24 bit which gives you all the flexibility you need.
Since we embedded these files with rich metadata like file description & keywords you are able to quickly find the sounds. We suggest using professional audio management tools like Soundly, Soundminer, Basehead or Sound Grinder.