Hong Kong Sound Effects - Yik Cheong Building At Night
Royalty Free Sound LibraryHong Kong Sounds At Night
- Specs: 9 files • 32 bit / 192 kHz • 1.4 GB • Includes metadata
- Duration: Approx. 14 Minutes
- Delivery: Instant - Blazingly-Fast - Digital Download On Bandcamp
- Unlimited Downloads
- No copyright claims or royalty fees
- License type: Royalty-Free
Hong Kong night sounds at Yik Cheong “Monster building!”
You know the type of sounds that give you the chills? The spooky, eerie, and hair-raising kind that’s in your face and makes you’re heart skip a beat. Welcome to Hong Kong’s Yik Cheong Monster Building complex.
Transformers: Age of Extinction & Ghost in the Shell changed it all
Once this complex was just another visually captivating group of high-rise apartment buildings with only locals and residents walking through. However, after this release of Transformers 4, the courtyards of Yik Cheong Monster Building complex had new faces roaming around and snapping photos. With both Transformers and Ghost in the Shell choosing this spot as a filming location, there has been an influx of urban explorers and Instagrammers.
While most come there to strike a pose in front of the now-iconic wall of colorful terraces and balconies, we decided to swing by to hear what it sounded like. We were greeted with several posters prohibiting the usage of drones and capturing photos and videos for the sake of the residents’ privacy. We talked to one of the complex security, he said now more than ever have tourists been coming and interrupting the residents by taking photos in the courtyard. Sound recording is different and very unique and after we asked for permission, we were able to record some fantastic sound effects.
Where We Recorded The Soundscape & What Equipment Used
Contrary to popular belief, the “Monster Building” isn’t just one building but rather a complex of connecting structures. Comprised of Yick Cheong, Yick Fat, Fook Cheong Building, Oceanic Mansion, and Montane Mansion, this collection of buildings were erected as subsidized housing in the 1960s.
This behemoth of five interconnected towers created an unexpected soundscape. Since it’s essentially a large courtyard surrounded by some of the tallest buildings in the area, the sounds felt closed off yet unexplainably eerie. We recorded sounds in both inner courtyards, near the stairs, between the closed shops, and traffic & escalators by the nearest bus stop.
For the recordings I used the new Zoom F6 and the Wildtronics Stereo Microphones. I recorded hundreds of Gigabyte in Hong Kong and more unique sound libraries are coming soon.
We enjoyed our experience taking in the local life of the Monster Building complex. If you ever come to Hong Kong and decide to visit Quarry Bay please be respectful of the residents. If possible ask for permission and understand that people are living there!
Files: 9 files • Including metadata
Size: 1.3 GB
Sample Rate: 192-32 WAV
Duration: Approx. 14 min
Gear: Zoom F6, Wildtronics Stereo Microphone
Delivery: Instant – Blazingly-Fast – Digital Download On Bandcamp
License type: Royalty-Free
Interest in our travel equipment, bags, camera & field recording gear? Click HERE!
Downloading or buying our sound libraries on Bandcamp comes with a lot of benefits!
- you can listen to each single track inside the library!
- you are not forced to download or buy the complete library. If you need only one or two recordings you can just download or buy the one you need!
- unlimited downloads & streamings whenever you want & from wherever you want!
- If you lose the files or your hard drive fails you can always re-download the files without having to purchase again!
- I always upload files in the highest possible quality but Bandcamp gives you the options to choose between MP3 V0, MP3 320, FLAC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, WAV, AIFF what is super awesome!
- with creating a free account you get automatically notified if I publish a new library without signing up for a newsletter!
Can I edit the files?
Yes! All sounds are royalty-free & you can edit & manipulate our recordings.
Can I sell the files?
Well, not in its original form but:
- in any manipulated form if you are a sound designer
- in any musical compositions without limitations
- within podcasts, audio dramas, games, post-production for film & video production, apps & many more!
How often can I download & use this library?
If you have downloaded or purchased the library on Bandcamp you have unlimited downloads plus unlimited & lifelong use in all your projects!
I only need one sound! Do I need to download or purchase all the sounds?
No, On Bandcamp you can just buy or download the track you like without buying or downloading the complete library! This is something you are not getting on other sound library platforms and is an awesome feature!
How can I download the library?
I have more questions…
We are real people so please message us anytime at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
Hong kong sounds at night & how I recorded them
Metadata & Keyword List
DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY
Our recordings are provided as wav files and can be work on Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools, Reaper, Audacity, Adobe or any other audio/video editing software!
The library tracks are recorded in 192kHz 32Bit which gives you all the flexibility you need.
Since we embedded these files with rich metadata like file description & keywords you are able to quickly find the sounds. We suggest using professional audio management tools like Soundly, Soundminer, Basehead or Sound Grinder.