Fishermen Harbor Sound Effect of Malaysia
Royalty Free Sound LibraryMalaysia Harbor Ambience
- Specs: 8 files • 24 bit / 192 kHz • 1.5 GB • Includes metadata
- Duration: Approx. 21 Minutes
- Delivery: Instant - Blazingly-Fast - Digital Download On Bandcamp
- Unlimited Downloads
- No copyright claims or royalty fees
- License type: Royalty-Free
Recording fishermen harbor sound effects on a pier in Butterworth, Malaysia
Penang, Malaysia is one of my favorite places on earth! I love the friendly vibe of the locals and the cultural diversity with Malay, Chinese, and Indians living in the area. Plus the food is outstanding with the local diverse cuisine!
I could go on talking about how great Penang is but we should focus on the amazing soundscapes that can be heard. The other side of Penang is the more industrial area of Butterworth. One day I took a ferry (I recorded the machine room and hydrophone sounds on that ferry) and went over to Butterworth to record sounds at the port.
It was a gloomy day with clouds and a few raindrops but that didn’t stop me from exploring the port! I drove to the end of the pier and found several fishing boats docked there. Because of the wind, the waves splashed on the sites of the boats creating incredible sounds! The pier was not really fixed so everything shook around so I had to be careful with my movements.
The sounds I captured were quite unique with both above and below the water! I used my hydrophones to record underwater noises like cracking sounds of the pier and creatures living below.
What you can hear…
Listen to waves splashing on the pier and on the side of the boats, the boats are shaking & hitting the pier, tires (that were fixed on the pier) scratching the boats, very loud scratching & squeaking sounds, boat engines in the distance coming from the industrial port, fishermen in the distance chatting (very quiet), airplane flying to the Penang Airport, squeaking boats, ocean waves splashing, metal hitting on metal, and metallic sounds getting stronger because the wind became stronger.
With the hydrophones, I captured audio of crackling sounds and it almost sounds like a bonfire!
Files: 8 files • Including metadata
Size: 1.5 GB
Sample Rate: 192-24 WAV
Duration: Approx. 21 min
Gear: Zoom H6 Zoom F8n, DPA 4060 & Limpetmics Hydrophones
Delivery: Instant – blazingly-fast – digital download on Bandcamp
License type: Royalty-free
Interested in our travel equipment, bags, camera & field recording gear? Click HERE!
Downloading or buying our sound libraries on Bandcamp comes with a lot of benefits!
- you can listen to each single track inside the library!
- you are not forced to download or buy the complete library. If you need only one or two recordings you can just download or buy the one you need!
- unlimited downloads & streamings whenever you want & from wherever you want!
- If you lose the files or your hard drive fails you can always re-download the files without having to purchase again!
- I always upload files in the highest possible quality but Bandcamp gives you the options to choose between MP3 V0, MP3 320, FLAC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, WAV, AIFF what is super awesome!
- with creating a free account you get automatically notified if I publish a new library without signing up for a newsletter!
Can I edit the files?
Yes! All sounds are royalty-free & you can edit & manipulate our recordings.
Can I sell the files?
Well, not in its original form but:
- in any manipulated form if you are a sound designer
- in any musical compositions without limitations
- within podcasts, audio dramas, games, post-production for film & video production, apps & many more!
How often can I download & use this library?
If you have downloaded or purchased the library on Bandcamp you have unlimited downloads plus unlimited & lifelong use in all your projects!
I only need one sound! Do I need to download or purchase all the sounds?
No, On Bandcamp you can just buy or download the track you like without buying or downloading the complete library! This is something you are not getting on other sound library platforms and is an awesome feature!
How can I download the library?
I have more questions…
We are real people so please message us anytime at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY
Our recordings are provided as wav files and can be used with Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools, Reaper, Audacity, Adobe or any other audio/video editing software!
The library tracks are recorded in 192 kHz 24 bit which gives you all the flexibility you need.
Since we embedded these files with rich metadata like file description & keywords you are able to quickly find the sounds. We suggest using professional audio management tools like Soundly, Soundminer, Basehead or Sound Grinder.