Elevator Sound Effects
Royalty Free Sound Library1944 Elevator Sounds
- Specs: 14 files • 24 bit / 192-96 kHz • 782.3 MB • Includes metadata
- Duration: Approx. 14 Minutes
- Delivery: Instant - Blazingly-Fast - Digital Download On Bandcamp
- Unlimited Downloads
- No copyright claims or royalty fees
- License type: Royalty-Free
Recording spooky elevator sounds in an old building
Our friend’s own an apartment complex called ”Ambassador” in Omaha, Nebraska. This building alone has an incredible spooky vibe even though it has been very well preserved.
The apartment complex was built in 1928 and has the original staircases. In the mid-1940s, elevators were installed to provide easier access for the tenants. What I really loved about the sound is that there was no distraction coming from any air conditions or other noises that you can find in modern buildings.
For the recordings, I used the Lom Usi Pro with magnets to fix the metal surface in front of the doors and inside the elevator. I captured two elevators this way and then I switched to the Zoom H3-VR to get ambisonic sounds (which can be found inside the VR Sound Library.) I also exported the sounds to stereo and included them in the free sound effects library down below!
I added more bonus sounds too…
The building has three original 1944 OTIS elevators and I recorded all 3 of them. Enjoy the sound the doors opening/closing sounds, waiting for the elevators to come back & riding up and down inside (interior) the elevators.
- ambience recordings from the area outside the building
- room tone
- spooky glass door opening with automatic door beeping sounds
Files: 14 files • Including metadata
Size: 782.3 MB
Sample Rate: 192/96-24 WAV
Duration: Approx. 14 min
Gear: Zoom F8n, Usi Pro, & Zoom H3-VR
Delivery: Instant – blazingly-fast – digital download on Bandcamp
License type: Royalty-free
Interested in our travel equipment, bags, camera & field recording gear? Click HERE!
Downloading or buying our sound libraries on Bandcamp comes with a lot of benefits!
- you can listen to each single track inside the library!
- you are not forced to download or buy the complete library. If you need only one or two recordings you can just download or buy the one you need!
- unlimited downloads & streamings whenever you want & from wherever you want!
- If you lose the files or your hard drive fails you can always re-download the files without having to purchase again!
- I always upload files in the highest possible quality but Bandcamp gives you the options to choose between MP3 V0, MP3 320, FLAC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC, WAV, AIFF what is super awesome!
- with creating a free account you get automatically notified if I publish a new library without signing up for a newsletter!
Can I edit the files?
Yes! All sounds are royalty-free & you can edit & manipulate our recordings.
Can I sell the files?
Well, not in its original form but:
- in any manipulated form if you are a sound designer
- in any musical compositions without limitations
- within podcasts, audio dramas, games, post-production for film & video production, apps & many more!
How often can I download & use this library?
If you have downloaded or purchased the library on Bandcamp you have unlimited downloads plus unlimited & lifelong use in all your projects!
I only need one sound! Do I need to download or purchase all the sounds?
No, On Bandcamp you can just buy or download the track you like without buying or downloading the complete library! This is something you are not getting on other sound library platforms and is an awesome feature!
How can I download the library?
I have more questions…
We are real people so please message us anytime at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
at [email protected] and we are super happy to answer all your questions!
DOWNLOAD THE LIBRARY
Our recordings are provided as wav files and can be used with Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools, Reaper, Audacity, Adobe or any other audio/video editing software!
The library tracks are recorded in 192-96 kHz 24 bit which gives you all the flexibility you need.
Since we embedded these files with rich metadata like file description & keywords you are able to quickly find the sounds. We suggest using professional audio management tools like Soundly, Soundminer, Basehead or Sound Grinder.